Thursday 24 September 2009

Just a quickie

My goodness, I don't know where the days have gone, I seem to have been somewhat busy, lol. Saturday and Sunday I had the bestest ever two day event, I sold out of quite a few soaps and skincare products, sold wonderful French antique linens and bits and pieces, and generally had a fabulous time.
Monday saw the start of the swap and I was busy busy busy emailing everybody and getting swap partners together.
Tuesday, I had to start squirreling away blue bits for my lovely swap partner. I had to do a town walk with a bunch of German school kids first thing in the morning, and thats no mean feat, up and down them there hills here in Hastings, lol, but on the way back to my car, I just happened to pass a few charity shops, which may or may not have had a few blue things in them. Wednesday, my poor darling husband was home sick ( still is ), so I spent most of my time looking after him. Apart from when I went into a different part of the town to do some blue spotting, lol.
Ah, and today is my baby's birthday, he is 22, yikes! We are spending the day looking for a cheap little runabout for him. He desperately needs one so that he can get around for his job ( qualified tree surgeon ). Not that easy, sigh, when his finances are very limited indeed. And this evening, we are celebrating with his favourite chinese takeway ( that hot and sour soup is so goooooooooooooood ). I can see the menu now, lolol, a long list of all sorts of yummies.

So I think I have to wait til tomorrow to upload some photos from the weekend, show some bits and pieces which I managed to find in the CSs, and go into some more details about the week.

Right, off we go again, another car to look at, sigh.....

xxx

7 comments:

Michela said...

Hi Liz!
I'm still so behind thinking about the swap goodies! Happy birthday to your baby! And best wishes to your hubby!

JuanitaTortilla said...

A happy birthday to your 22-year0old baby! :)

How sneaky -- 'may or may not' contain blue bits from the charity shops. I bet you did find blue bits!

Croap Queen said...

Aww, wish him Happy Birthday from me L.

As for sneaky, you should know that not only does she sneak into charity shops, she also 'phones people up to brag about it!. Hmph.

Floss said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Tree Surgeon....
Happy Birthday to you!

And get well soon to Mr Liz, or should that be Mr. Lulu, or Mr Lala? Does he have a preference?

Lululiz said...

Roflmao, Floss, that had me in hysterics, I couldn't stop laughing, Mr. Lala, teeeheeeee. I was crying, I laughed so much.

Floss said...

Oh dear, hope I didn't cause any accidents! Back to my blog - YOU SPOTTED THEM! A girl after my own heart, indeed. The fantastically wonderful cusions, which I've only mentioned once before (in 'Blue is...' in March, I think) are upcycled from a 19th century quilt my grandma bought at a jumble sale. It was on her bed, then my parents' bed, and then the dyes on certain fabrics just wasted the patches away, and my mum had to put it away (tragic) and buy a new Provencal one at our local market (not so tragic).

She gave the battered old one to me at Christmas to see what I could do with it! I've made three cushions, one for my mum, and have a whole load of good patches cut out from amongst the bad ones, and am in the very slow process of stitching them back together to make some kind of post-modern tribute to the original quilter. It's probably been six months, but I may get going again this autumn...

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to your 'baby' :)
I bought something for the swap yesterday, I do love a swap!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx