Monday 30 May 2011

Tag Tuesday Challenge - SPOON, late again, sigh

It seems I have spent all my time either on the computer reading blogs or catching up with the various challenges since we got back from France on Saturday. Well, you had the late Every Inchie Monday post this morning, and now you are going to get my late Tag Tuesday Challenge post. This time, we had to use a spoon on our tag, in some form or other.

I decided to use a small vintage mustard spoon on my tag, as it is so dinky and doesn't weigh an awful lot. First, I covered the tag with a piece of kitchen foil. For the background I used an image of a Victorian cruet set, showing the mustard pot with a spoon like mine. I tied the spoon on with silver string and embellished the tag with a piece of lace, a lace flower with MOP button and little crystals. Instead of string or lace I used a small bracelet chain for a hanger on the tag, to keep the metal theme going.


Back to the craft table again now, a new inchie challenge is due today. Toodlepip xxx

12 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Lovely tag inspired idea to use kitchen foil and then the vintage images and embellishments. XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the name of your blog - lalaland {that's me half the time!} Nice to meet you! I am glad you stopped by my blog. And I have to say, that Tag is to-die-for gorgeous! I love the Spoon...very cool! I'm off to explore...hugs!

Elizabethd said...

So sweet.I love tiny spoons, but would hate to part with them!

Marigold Jam said...

If a thing is worth having it's worth waiting for my mother used to say and this little gem is certainly worth waiting for! Love it.

BelleSouth said...

Very nicely done and I love the metal theme! Thanks for playing!

Rebecca

Dorthe said...

This is a wonderful tag, Liz, it is really the same spoon as in the picture, and you adding it with the other metal pieces, makes the tag, gorgeus.
Hope to see you soon :)
Hugs,Dorthe

suziqu's thread works said...

This metal tag really has some thought behind it. Love the mustard spoon. I have a small collection of these gorgeous items like you.
Hope all is going well for you. It is so great being able to comment finally.
Cheers,
Suzy

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Now that's a cute tag! I have always loved those sweet little spoons.

Barbara Jean said...

love it sweetie!!

blessings
barbara jean

Serenata said...

That tag is just perfect Liz, what a clever and special idea. I love it.

Lynn Stevens said...

Darling!!!!!!

Mom E. said...

Love your Tag, Liz! and I ADORE the little mustard spoon! It reminds me of the one I got from you!

I love tiny spoons!
fun Tag!
Lanette