Wednesday 11 May 2011

White Wednesday - memories of last summer in France

I was looking through some photographs of our cottage in France earlier today. I miss being there, so I often sit here and reminisce. I was looking at photographs I took last summer, and I noticed a lot of pics which sort of featured white. And when my reading list showed lots of White Wednesday posts today, I thought, hey why not, show a bit of French summer whites, lol. They are just photos of the bits and pieces in the garden ( field really, can't call it a garden yet, lol ), nothing special, but they remind me of fun days spent there.

The chippy white paint on the little door to the wine cellar -


A sweet enamel teal ight holder -


One of the quintessential French garden chairs -


Washing line under the old false acacia trees -



My doggies' most favourite garden toy -


Gorgeous big white snail shell -


These grow everywhere along the hedgerows of course -


White courgette -


A stem on a very old rose -


A wasp nest, removed from my little caravan ( which will become my little craftavan this summer, woohoo ) -


Old white granite stone steps to a friend's house -


and the white mist filling the valley on so many mornings -


I think we will be off to France again soon, probably next week sometime. Can't wait.

I am linking this post to the fabulous White Wednesday over at Faded Charm. Drool, there are soooo many fantastic White posts to drool over, go have a look!

Toodlepip xxx

PS - I just finished my inchie for the Every Inchie Monday challenge as well, but THREE posts in one day is just too much for me, lol, so that will have to wait til tomorrow. xx

6 comments:

stefanie said...

just gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link at Faded Charm. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
Tine

Anne Lorys said...

Fabulous whites, Liz!
Love that bistro chair and the wasp nest.

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Anne

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz,
I love your whites. The one photo with the flower? That's a queen Anne's Lace and I use to use them as little umbrellas for my dolls when I was a little girl. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Sonya

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Lovely pictures of a lovely place, Liz! No wonder that you are looking forward to going there soon. The wesp nest is wonderful. Isn't nature just amazing?
Have a great day!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Liz, these photos are extraordinary!
Gorgeous!
Hugs, Diane