Wednesday 7 August 2013

Blissful Whites Wednesday brocante finds

We went to a little brocante on Saturday. It was hot, and there weren't very many stalls, perhaps 25 or thereabouts, but I still managed to find a few little bits and pieces. And apart from some absolutely stunning 19th Century carved jet buttons and a fragment of blace lace with ribbon embroidery, the bits I found were perfect for a Blissful Whites Wednesday post. For the first time in France, I found some gorgeous vintage millinery. Oh boy, you should have seen the smile on my face when I walked away with those gorgeous little velvet and silk flowers! Here they are along with a few pieces of lace, some vintage gloves, and a sweet little child's or pram pillow hand embroidered with silk -
















Have a wonderful Wednesday wherever you are, and if you can spare a few minutes, check out all the other beautiful whites over at TIMEWASHED.

Toodlepip xxx

9 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

it's so pretty. I love seeing older movies or period shows where the women all dressed like that. I do think that people should take a little more care when dressing than just putting on pajama pants to go outside...but I wouldn't want to go back to the era your fabrics came from.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Beautiful finds, my dear Liz! I would have bought each and every piece as well. You were really lucky to buy those millinery flowers. Enjoy your wonderful treasures!
xoxo,
Julia

Rhonda said...

Liz, you hit the jackpot!! Gorgeous finds!!

Dorthe said...

Liz, my dear... I can see the smile on your face, finding those very beautiful millinery flowers- I would have smiled equal big :-)
They are just so lovely,-and so is the little pillow, the gloves and laces...BUT Oh MY the flowers !!!
Hugs, and xx-Dorthe

Shane Pollard said...

Oh I just adore all your beautiful finds Liz - those velvet flowers are so sweet. Love the little crochet gloves too.
I had wonderful weather in France!
Shane x

May said...

Hi Liz, Your finds are divine, Those flowers are so special I have never seen such Beautiful Flowers..I could just gaze at them for hours...enjoy! Hugs May x x x

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Liz-- all those beautiful treasures and you said it wasn't even a very good flea market!! Your treasures are so lovely-- I'd say it was a great day at the brocante. Your photos are just dreamy:)
Vicki

Viola said...

Was Du immer so alles findest! Super schön!!

BECKY said...

Such lovelies, Liz! Love them all! I love looking at my vintage brocante!! Makes me smile!
Hugs,
Becky