Tuesday 13 January 2015

Just what I needed

It seems like I haven't done any creating for months. Apart from tags, that is. Dozens and dozens and dozens of them in the last couple of months, going out with orders. And Tag Tuesday tags, of course, because I love the weekly themes.

But a couple of days ago, I read Anni's blog post about the Fragile Paper challenge at Paper Artsy. That intrigued me. I have lots of antique and vintage ephemera, some of it very fragile indeed. Anni's beautiful creation for this challenge really inspired me, and I hopped over to Paper Artsy to check out the details for the challenge. Loved it!

I pulled out all kinds of papers and was going to go with a tattered piece of a very old Parisien map but somehow the other bits and pieces to go with it didn't do it for me. No inspiration. And then I looked through a little bag of sweet treasures I had received from dear Sandy at Qill Cottage and there they were, the pieces I needed to inspire a little creation - a very old fragile book page, pieces of handwritten ephemera and the most intriguing kind of see through plasticised paper, which had a very unusual feel. The size of the page determined the size of the collage. I also used some vintage dress making pattern paper which had come all the way from Australia, wrapped around a pressie from my dear friend Suzy. Some stamping, a tiny bit of Treasure Gold, some words and a couple of embellishments later, and all that was left to do was make a hanger out of twisted paper -






Oh, and talking of Treasure Gold ............ I treated myself to some of the gorgeous colours.They arrived yesterday and in the evening I finally got a chance to play around with them just a wee bit. Whilst chatting with Marie from Lost Bird Studio, lol. I used a couple of embossed tags and just messed around with some of the colours. Gosh, this stuff is fun!! So beautifully shiny! I have a couple of little metal pieces which would benefit from a little Treasure Gold treatment :-). Anyhoo, here are the two tags I played around with -





I think I will have to play a bit more with these lovely colours.......... tehehehe.

Toodlepip xxx

14 comments:

Analia Cristina said...

Very beautiful tags!

Dorthe said...

So wonderful you found time for playing, and to submit the Paper Artsy challenge , your collaged Fragile Papers, looks so beautiful, dear Liz, so tattered and lovely, with the treasure gold and nature tones.
Also your tags are gorgeous, they are surely fantastic colours, strong but beautiful!! I only have the gold-silver-and bronce, maybe I should .......lol
Greetings from me, sending you hugs, too-
Dorthe

Createology said...

Love the paper piece you rose to the challenge and exceeded it dear. Isn't it serendipitous when our supplies find one another and help us create? Creative Paper Bliss...

Marci said...

Beautiful, your fragile papers. And I like the other tags with the Treasure Gold.

Betsy said...

I love it when you and I choose the same items to create with! Thanks for the expert advice on the stamp! LOL Love your Paper Words collage It's beautiful. All the elements of different papers and types of writing. The hand written piece is a wonderful touch. And of course, I love the stamps you used! ;) The Treasure Gold is magnificent! what a wonderful addition to your creative tools! That would be fun to have some of that! I will have to look for some! It's all so beautiful...and of course the embossing on your tags is wonderful!
hugs,
Betsy

suziqu's thread works said...

Love your paper,collage
Liz. That Artsy Paper Challenge really appealed to me too! Just wish there were 30 hrs in the days LOL! I might
Stand more chance of exploring some new projects!
Now I'll have to investigate thatTreasue Gold - superb tags!
Tagged love xox,
Suzy

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Liz I love the tattered express your collage have, you have done a wonderful collage with fragile paper, love your stunning tags
thanks for your lovely comment on my book page and sweet word about me on your blog.
Anni

Lucy Edmondson said...

So beautiful and delicate!

Lucy x

Diana Taylor said...

I love your fragile paper piece - it's so beautiful and delicate. I thought I might take part in their challenge this year but don't know if I'll get the fragile paper one done in time. Coincidentally I just purchased several pots of Treasure Gold over Christmas - isn't it wonderful - I'm adding it to everything at the moment - I find it much easier to use and less crumbly than the Baroque Gilders Paste. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier, hope you have a sparkly, shiny week with all your pots of Treasure!

kaybee said...

Love those muted tones, and the words are very appropriate - fab tag!

Rhonda said...

I'm a bit overwhelmed this month. I walk into my studio and shrug. Too much I want to start, finish or plan and I turn off the light and walk away.

However, I started pulling out the fabrics for a sweet project that may take me a month to finish but I'm happy. I cannot wait to share it with you.

Bottom line, don't even think about how much you create, just be happy that you do!! Right? xo Rhonda

PaperArtsy said...

I adore how your page embodies how fragile the paper really is, but the words kick this piece into the goal! It's so delicate, but the message it really strong. How clever!

Don;t get me started on Treasure Gold...suffice to say, you might want to keep an eye on the next theme we have!!!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Liz,
your Treasure Gold tags came out gorgeous! I think I need to order some,lol.Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

experiments in paper said...

Love this entry and your entire post! Will admit to a bit of coveting for your vintage stash - sounds right up my alley! And, oh, that little studio - that photo makes my heart sing! Happy to have found your blog through this challenge!