Saturday 9 January 2016

French Lavender Hearts

I got my sewing machine out, woohoo! To make a quilt, really, but before I started on that, I wanted to make some lavender hearts to put into an auction one of the animal rescue charities I support, is holding on Facebook right now

I used antique French hand loomed linen, over a hundred years old, vintage lace motifs which my dear friend Alexandra had gifted me with, vintage sequins and beads from Paris, and backed the hearts with a lovely cotton fabric from a vintage French torchon ( tea towel ). Filled with toy stuffing for shape and lovely lavender for a beautiful scent -





You can check out the auction HERE if you are interested. The starting bid for the two lavender hearts is £9.00 plus postage.

Toodlepip xxx

5 comments:

Createology said...

Lovely Linen Lavender Hearts. Your charity is very fortunate to have you and your Creative talents. 2016 will be an amazing year...

Judys Lace Creations said...

That's a lovely gesture Liz.Pretty hearts, and all that old linen, so lovely to hold I bet. Hope you raise lots!

Roosterhead Designs said...

These hearts are amazing Liz!!! Simply gorgeous my friend! Such beautiful vintage creations are sure to bring a good price! Wishing you a great week ahead Liz : ) ~Karen

Dorthe said...

Liz, they are adorable, so very kind of serene and so beautiful, and shows your good heart both in the shape, and in your doing them.
I`m broke,lol, but will visit the fb page, dear friend.
Happy sunday, and new week, to you !
Dorthe, xxx

Unknown said...

They are so cute and lovely, Liz! Thanks for sharing! They can be wonderful gifts for St. Valentine's, don't you think?
Hugs,
Jess
Visited http://www.freelancehouse.co.uk/, January 3